During the current state of emergency, the Town of Vinton City Hall and Public Works will keep its regular working hours of 7:30 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Thursday and 8:00 am to noon on Friday.
However, due to the threat of the COVID-19 Pandemic, the Lobby only of City Hall will close to the public starting Monday, 03/23/20 to limit the risk to staff and customers.
If you wish to make a payment, you may do so online, use the dropbox in the front of City Hall, or use the drive-thru, which will remain open. If you wish to speak to someone, use the drive-thru or call us on the telephone at (337) 589-7453. You may also email us through links on this website.
The City wishes everyone to stay safe and healthy. Please take all due caution and follow any advisories affecting public safety.
The Town of Vinton
The City of Vinton will temporarily suspend issuing burn permits. However, you can still burn materials if you follow all the rules. Failure to do so may result in a call-out by the Vinton Fire Department and possible fines.
Garbage pick-up by Waste Management will continue at the regular time.
For reference, Section 10-3 of the Vinton, LA Code of Ordinances allows for the opening burning of certain materials under the following guidelines:
- Allowed are leaves, limbs under six inches in diameter, and other plant material.
- Fire confined in an area not larger than ten (10) feet in diameter with a height of not more than four (4) feet.
- Limited to daylight hours.
- Recreational fires limited to an area three (3) feet in diameter and two (2) feet in height.
- Burning area should be fifty (50) feet or more from any structure or combustible material.
- The burning of rubbish, plastics, rubber, or similar products is prohibited.
- Monitor the fire in progress and have on hand a fire extinguisher or other approved on-site fire extinguishing equipment such as dirt, sand, water barrel, garden hose, or water truck. All fires should be extinguished by sunset.