Town of Vinton City Hall staff show their support for Byron Racca and the Racca Warriors. You can follow news about Byron, his recovery, and the Racca Warriors at the facebook group Racca Warriors.
NOTICE TO BIDDERS
The Town of Vinton Fire Department is seeking bids for Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus. Sealed bids must be received by Thursday, May 28, 2020, at 10:00 A.M., at Vinton City Hall – 1200 Horridge St. – Vinton, LA 70668. The Town intends to select the lowest responsive bid by a responsible bidder. Specifications upon which to submit proposals may be obtained by contacting Fire Chief Chris Vice @ 337-794-3402.
During the current state of emergency, the Town of Vinton City Hall and Public Works will keep its regular working hours of 7:30 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Thursday and 8:00 am to noon on Friday.
However, due to the threat of the COVID-19 Pandemic, the Lobby only of City Hall will close to the public starting Monday, 03/23/20 to limit the risk to staff and customers.
If you wish to make a payment, you may do so online, use the dropbox in the front of City Hall, or use the drive-thru, which will remain open. If you wish to speak to someone, use the drive-thru or call us on the telephone at (337) 589-7453. You may also email us through links on this website.
The City wishes everyone to stay safe and healthy. Please take all due caution and follow any advisories affecting public safety.
The Town of Vinton
The City of Vinton will temporarily suspend issuing burn permits. However, you can still burn materials if you follow all the rules. Failure to do so may result in a call-out by the Vinton Fire Department and possible fines.
Garbage pick-up by Waste Management will continue at the regular time.
For reference, Section 10-3 of the Vinton, LA Code of Ordinances allows for the opening burning of certain materials under the following guidelines:
- Allowed are leaves, limbs under six inches in diameter, and other plant material.
- Fire confined in an area not larger than ten (10) feet in diameter with a height of not more than four (4) feet.
- Limited to daylight hours.
- Recreational fires limited to an area three (3) feet in diameter and two (2) feet in height.
- Burning area should be fifty (50) feet or more from any structure or combustible material.
- The burning of rubbish, plastics, rubber, or similar products is prohibited.
- Monitor the fire in progress and have on hand a fire extinguisher or other approved on-site fire extinguishing equipment such as dirt, sand, water barrel, garden hose, or water truck. All fires should be extinguished by sunset.
The City of Vinton is currently under a boil advisory due to a loss in water pressure from a malfunctioning pump. Please boil for one minute any water from the tap used for drinking or cooking. The tap water is safe for bathing and laundry, but not consumption. The boil advisory will last until further notice.
The Town of Vinton Department of Public Works is now seeking applications for a full time lineman in the Electrical Department. Experience preferred. Applications may be picked up at City Hall on Monday through Thursday (7:30 am to 5:00 pm) and on Friday (8:00 am to noon).
The Town of Vinton is an equal opportunity employer.
Beginning January 6, 2020, the North Horridge Street bridge just south of Ted Lyons Ballpark will be closed for replacement, road, and sidewalk repairs. The bridge will remain closed until repairs are completed.
Please pay attention to signage that will direct travel down an alternative route via Big Woods Road to reach Parish Road. The directions are as follows:
- Going north, turn left onto Short Street.
- Then right onto Big Woods Road.
- Right onto Bellow Road.
- Right onto Crane Road.
- Right onto Parish Road. From there, all streets are accessible.
Thank you very much for your understanding and patience in this matter as we work to return the North Horridge Street Bridge back into service as quickly as possible. Please drive safely.