Burn Permits & Trash Pick-Up
The City of Vinton will temporarily suspend issuing burn permits. However, you can still burn materials if you follow all the rules. Failure to do so may result in a call-out by the Vinton Fire Department and possible fines.
Garbage pick-up by Waste Management will continue at the regular time.
For reference, Section 10-3 of the Vinton, LA Code of Ordinances allows for the opening burning of certain materials under the following guidelines:
- Allowed are leaves, limbs under six inches in diameter, and other plant material.
- Fire confined in an area not larger than ten (10) feet in diameter with a height of not more than four (4) feet.
- Limited to daylight hours.
- Recreational fires limited to an area three (3) feet in diameter and two (2) feet in height.
- Burning area should be fifty (50) feet or more from any structure or combustible material.
- The burning of rubbish, plastics, rubber, or similar products is prohibited.
- Monitor the fire in progress and have on hand a fire extinguisher or other approved on-site fire extinguishing equipment such as dirt, sand, water barrel, garden hose, or water truck. All fires should be extinguished by sunset.